Updated: Aug 27
1. ½ cup softened butter
2. 1 ¼ cups sugar
3. 2 eggs
4. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5. 2 cups flour
6. ½ teaspoon salt
7. 2 teaspoons baking powder
8. ½ cup milk
9. 2 cups blueberries, washed, drained, and picked over
10. 3 teaspoons sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Cream the butter and 1 1/4 cups sugar until light.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
4. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder, and add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
5. Crush 1/2 cup blueberries with a fork, and mix into the batter. Fold in the remaining whole berries.
6. Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners, and fill with batter. Sprinkle the 3 teaspoons sugar over the tops of the muffins, and bake at 375 degrees for about 30-35 minutes.
7. Remove muffins from tin and cool for at least 30 minutes. Store, uncovered, or the muffins will be too moist the second day if they last that long.
By: Marian Burros
Developed by: Brin Xu