12. 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (combine with 1/2 tablespoon water)
1. Soak the eggplants in cold water for 10 minutes before frying so it will soak too much oil.
2. Heat 1 1/2 cups canola oil in a small pot (the oil should be about 3/4-inch deep) over medium heat. To test the oil temperature, stick a bamboo or wooden chopstick in the oil. If you see a good deal of bubbles forming around the chopstick, the oil is ready for frying. Fry the eggplant in batches, cooking each batch for about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in your wok over medium heat. Add salted fish, pork. Stir-fry until the meat is cooked through.
3. Turn the heat to high. Add eggplants for 30 seconds. Add sauce mix for 30 more minutes. Add cornstarch water. Make sure everything combined well. Serve.
Recipe by: Judy (the Woks of life) and Ma Xiaohua (Youtube)