Updated: Nov 29, 2020
Make date paste 540g*
1.Medjool date 500g
2. Coconut oil 70g
Make water dough:
1. cake flour (120g/1cup)
2. sunflower oil (60g / 4 tbsp) add to the dry mix.
3. water (60ml / 4tbsp)
Make oil dough:
1. cake flour 120 g (1 cup)
2. sunflower oil (60g / 4 tbsp)
A few drops of red food coloring a few drops
Prepare data paste (5 minutes):
1. Blender the ingredients*.
2. Divide the pasta into 12 pieces (each 45 g). Roll it into a ball shape.
* You could use your hands to mash and mix it. Dates are sticky so it could be a bit messy.
Prepare the doughs (30 minutes)
1. Make the water dough: combine all the ingredients into a mist ball. Covered with plastic wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes. Divide into 12 pieces.
2. Make the oil dough: combine all the ingredients into a mist ball. Covered with plastic wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes. Divide into 12 pieces.
Please finish the above if you plan to bake during my online section.
Prepare for making flowers (15 minutes; if set it aside for the best results, 30 more minutes):
1. Flatten a piece of water dough and wrap it in a portion of oil dough.
2. Press it and roll it into a thin long layer.
3. Roll it up from the bottom to the top.
4. Repeat 1-3. The purpose is to make layers in the dough.
6. Press it and roll it into a pancake shape. 0.5 inches thick and 3 inches in diameter.
7. Repeat until finish all the pieces.
Make flowers (15 minutes):
1. Circle the middle (half the diameter)
2. Cut in into 8 petals; not to break the middle.
2. Turn each petal 90 degrees;
3. Use a knife to make each petal horizontal.
4. Color the middle
3. Repeat it for the rest.
Bake it up (30 minutes):
1. preheat oven to 160 C/320 F Degree.
2. Bake it for 30 minutes. Cover with a foil for the last 10 minutes (optional).
Cooking time: 1h
Yields: 12 flowers
Recipe by: 圆圆妈‘s Bakery
Developed by: Brin Xu